- How to actually play music from Spotify?
- Why does it fail with
Unable to open item for playback (Object not found)when I pass album or playlist via URI?
- Why I can’t play and/or see some tracks?
- Why I can’t control playback from Spotify website?
- Why I can’t set foobar2000 as output device from Spotify website?
- Why two separate authentications are required?
Pass the music URL to foobar2000 via main menu
Add location... (
CTRL+U by default).
URL can be accessed from any track/album/playlist in Spotify by clicking on
Copy Song Link/
Copy Album Link/
Copy Playlist Link.
Why does it fail with
Unable to open item for playback (Object not found) when I pass album or playlist via URI?
A foobar2000 limitation: it’s not possible (or rather REALLY hard) to use an arbitrary string to load multiple tracks.
It works for the track, because, well, it’s a single track =)
Spotify interface limitation: podcasts and radios are not supported.
Spotify interface limitation: these features are part of the Spotify Connect interface, which is not publicly accessible.
The component uses two separate interfaces for Spotify integration:
LibSpotifyfor music playback.
WebAPIfor everything else.
Each one uses a separate authentication scheme.